Here in Southwest Missouri tornadoes are a common occurance in the springtime. Yet there have been some chances in the fall if we have an Indian Summer.
Being safe from a Tornado is vital. It can be a life or death situation especially if the tornado is rated EF3 or higher. Prior to the May 2011 tornado there were very few and far in between.
When you buy a storm shelter it is kinda of like buying a car.
1. Is the maker of the shelter a reputable business in the area?
2. Has their product survived a tornado?
3. Is there proof that it survived a tornado?
4. What are customers saying about it?
5. Does it meet my needs?
6. How does the company rank from the BBB?
These are questions to be asked when searching out a tornado shelter companies. These are just questions to help you get started, yes you can add to them too, but this will help you get an idea as to what you are looking for.