Many times we think our material items are important but we must truly realize that our families are important not the material items. Ever since May 22 of 2011, It was an important concept to realize, and when God placed me on the Lead Your Family Like Jesus Launch Team. My time on earth is to reach others for Christ and to reach and make sure my family is in the will of God.
In Lead Your family Like Jesus, Principle One is To Lead Your Family Like Jesus, Have an Eternal Perspective. Having an eternal perspective means we need to focus on what is eternal and what is not eternal. For eternal are things such as the following: Family being saved by Jesus, witnessing to those that are not saved, being saved from a disaster and live to tell about what God has done for us. Most of all it is Jesus Christ, who gave up his life for us, so that we can be a living sacrifice and shine for others.
Many times as leaders in our homes that God has given us, we focus on the temporary instead of the eternal. The temporary is only here for a fleeting moment and then goes, but what is eternal goes on forever.
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Jesus said we mustn’t store up for ourselves treasures on this earth because they will not last forever but for us to treasure things up in heaven, where the moth and rust will not destroy.
- My family has been through a whole lot in the past two years, yet some of our best moments will always be eternal, when we know that we will see them in heaven. The items we had in our house and have lost is just tinder and ash, but our families if we know that they believe in Christ will always be eternal. It is our duty as parents to lead our children to believe and be baptised into Christ’s family. We are commissioned to doing it.
- Even in the midst of struggle my parents lead us rightly so with going to His Word and praying about us. They knew we needed the stability in a home – even if this home was temporary until God moved two of us to marry after the disaster.
- Yes we lost the home, but that was tinder and ashes, but the amazing thing is that we have these great memories of the home. Yes, I remember lighting bouncing off of 2 mirrors in my bedroom and they were quite bright. I remember learning how to ride my bicycles there. I remember celebrating my 16th birthday there. My parents bring home my 2 youngest siblings to the home. I remember my grandparents and aunts and uncles coming to the house to spend time with us. I remember Grandpa spending time with us at the house. I remember getting into trouble in the new house. I can see the new renovations that went into the new house. Those are the memories I have of the House but they are memories and family makes those memories.
- Please use this PDF of Temporary or Eternal to do with your family. It is worth using and seeing where your family stands with each other, and what needs to be focused in on and what will need to have prayer for.
- So will you join in the new idea of Leading your Family Like Jesus?
- Leading them Where God wants you to Be?
- Finding your Bethel? Leaving your Shecham (Represents the World)?
- How will you show your children what truly is eternal and what is temporary?
- Eternal or Temporary
- The decision has been placed into your hands, It is time to decide.
- Choose wisely.